Re: CUPS, samba, and Epson C80

I didn't realize there was a selection for raw queue instead of selecting your printer. I now have two entries for my C80 one called C80 and the othere called C80_Raw. The windows machines can print to the C80_Raw just fime.

Thanks

David Miller

Mitch Wiedemann wrote:

On my small home network, I set up print sharing using the "K-menu > System Settings > Printing" app (in KDE). I install my Lexmark Z51 with the Z51 driver for use on my Linux workstation, but as a "raw printer queue" for sharing with the Windows boxen.

Although I do have Samba installed and working for file/dir shares, I don't really have any idea what underlying program (samba, cups, etc.) the "Printing" app. configures, but it works for me, so I thought I'd share.

Good luck.