Re: Evolution, attachments and Sent box

Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

Hi folks,

I just sent a friend a mail with a 2MB attachment. It seems Evolution
stores this attachment with the sent message in the Sent folder.
Although I want to keep this message for archiving I do not need this
2MB blob in my Sent box, as this is data coming from my own computer and
I don't need Evolution to keep backups for this.

Is there a way to get rid of the attachment without deleting the whole
email? Any way to tell Evolution not to store attachments in Sent?

Bye,
Leonard.

Leonard,

You can hand edit the Sent folder file... Evolution stores all messages locally in the mbox format , where all messages of a given folder are located in a text file.... You can simply edit the file and you're ready... (but make a copy of the original file before , just in case).

I dont know for sure, but I guess that evolution doesnt have an option to not keep attachments in Sent...

Pedro Macedo