Re: production server

Hi, WipeOut
I also tried out some of the other distro's, putting particular emphasis on Debian stable as I wanted to use it on servers at work.
The problem with stable is that it is so old that the software my (now former) employer writes would not run on it.

Like you, I am back at RedHat Fedora for my personal system.
I put /home on a separate partition.
I back it up fanatically.

And I am ready to swing when I have to.

rme

WipeOut wrote:
-{snip}-
For anyone who has been following this thread and who is interested here is the decision I have come to regarding using FC1 on my new web/email/app servers..

I started by digging around trying to find a sutable replacement for RH9.. Many said Gentoo and Debian (Debian incedentally is the fastest growing linux distro according to the latest netcraft survey!!) as well as a few others like Suse..