Re: Docs for /etc/sysconfig/iptables and iptables-config?

Stephen Walton wrote:

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 09:47, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

The format of the /etc/sysconfig/iptables file is in my eyes
self-explaining.

Your eyes must be better than mine :-) . I used Firewall Builder and
found it a reasonable tool for building a moderately complex firewall. It is still a bit technical for a really naive user, but I found it much
easier than writing rules by hand. However, the rules it generates go
into a shell script you have to run separately at bootup instead of into
/etc/sysconfig/iptables, so that's a definite down side.

I use firewall builder as well. However, after booting with the script used to load the rules, I then use '/etc/init.d/iptables save' and created the '/etc/sysconfig/iptables' file with all those rules. Thus, I do not have to run the script unless I make a change to the rules.