KDE-Install failed

Hi!

I'm using Gnome but I want a minimal KDE for quanta and k3b. So I
installed:

kde-i18n-German-3.1.4-1
kdelibs-3.1.4-4
kdebase-3.1.4-6
qt-MySQL-3.1.2-14
qt-3.1.2-14

and others mentioned as "Standard Packages" in redhat-config-packages.

arts-1.1.4-3
desktop-printing-0.1.10-18
fam-2.6.8-12
htdig-3.2.0-19.20030601
xinetd-2.3.12-4.10.0

I can log into KDE, but the menu is nearly empty, not a single KDE app
shown. When I log into Gnome I see at least "Webbrowser Konqueror",
Kdeprintfax and Ksysguard (but konqueror won't start from the menu, only
from shell).
I cant configure KDE in any way: Right click on desktop -> configure
Desktop -> nothing happens. Calling kcontrol from the shell gives me a
completely empty control center.

Any ideas what went wrong?

Christoph