Re: up2date hangs while fetching updates

Alexander Dalloz a écrit :

Am Di, den 20.01.2004 schrieb Julien Le Houérou um 13:42:

Hi, i tried to update using rhn and up2date. After configuring the proxy, i get the list of updatable packages, but then up2date hangs while fetching the update sites....
has anybody encountered this problem?
I have registered to RHN on redhat website.

What's the matter?

Did you configure up2date on FC1 to use RHN? This will not work! If done change it by editing /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources and comment up2date default.

That was already commented.
I launched in command-line

/    yum update http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-1
/
and i got : /

Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
retrygrab() failed for:
http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1/headers/header.info
Executing failover method
failover: out of servers to try
Error getting file http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1/headers/header.info
[Errno 7] HTTP Error (CannotSendRequest):/

For using a mirror server see

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-January/msg03379.html

Alexander

I also tried from a french mirror but same error.
Would this be a proxy configuration problem?

--
Julien Le Houérou

Université de Haute Bretagne
Centre de Ressources Informatiques