Re: Trying to kill a process that just won't die...

Since the process was started by cron I doubt it would have any effect. Heck, I restarted crond and atd just to be sure as well.

At this point, I'm almost frustrated enough to reboot the machine. I unfortunately have to wait until several tasks on that machine are done before I can do that.

Nicholas Evans wrote:
This is a suggestion coming from a complete idiot, but why not try
logging out? That might get rid of it.

But then again, it might not.

-- Greg Gulik http://www.gulik.org/greg/ greg @ gulik.org