Re: pb with police (ISO8859-15)

Hello Yohann,

> When i send a mail with accent on word...my friends which are use
> WINXXXX(No one is perfect) see strange symbol. Is there any way to solve
> that ????

Problem probably is either Windows/Outlook doesn't understand UTF-8, or
this happens because you did not explicitly set a content type (see your
headers, on one of your mails it says "Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=") and Windows assumes ISO-8859-1(5). For Evolution you can set
Tools->Settings->Composer Preferences->Character Set to ISO-8859-15.
Content-type will then automatically be set to that value if you use
accented characters (it will stay empty if you just use plain ASCII like
with this message). It might even work with setting UTF-8 explicitly.

You can change global settings by editing /etc/sysconfig/i18n. Replace
UTF-8 with ISO-8859-15. If you have no need for other than Western
characters this will do. I was thinking about doing this myself, because
this UTF-8 encoding only makes my system slower, and I don't use other
characters than Western anywhere.

Don't get me wrong, I think the support for UTF-8 is great, but using it
as a default seems overkill on my system. At least I can read your UTF-8
messages :) .

Bye,
Leonard.