Re: Kpackage missing from Kdeadmin - Why, and howto rectify

Michael Kearey wrote:

I do have to ask why such a need for kpackage? It is quite nice to look at, but it doesn't appear to do anything more than a small number of commandline + options could acheive.

ie 'yum list' 'yum list available' 'yum info <somepackage>' 'yum update' 'yum install <somepackage'>

WARNING: I have never used kpackage.
It's my understanding from the long ago OP, however, that the visual display of kpackage made it easier to not only view the set of installed packages, but to more easily pick out packages and groups of packages that could be removed from the system without disrupting the rest of your dependencies.

I have not yet seen a GUI package management tool that did this well.