Re: ATI Radeon Pro, X11, system lockup

display: :0.0 screen: 0 OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 4.0.4

-Don

There's a major problem - those mesa drivers need to go away. Look over the thread at linuxquestions.org that I posted before and see if there are any of those steps you did not complete. The full install step is not necessary, just something I did out of frustration. (http://linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116223).

Just struck me - of course you have the mesa drivers loaded, according to you XFreeconfig, the radeon drivers are commented out, i assume to relieve the lockup issue you were having. Earlier I saw you had tried to install the fire gl drivers and got the error about a conflict with mesa, try to install the firegl drivers rpm with the --force option, then run the fglrxconfig to create a new XFreeconfig file for you (or do it manually)...that should help you get some meaningful information in your XFree Error log if there is in fact still a problem. For me with the 9700 pro (only 2D support provided by fedora) things didn't really start to click until after a kernel recompile with agpart and radeon as loadable modules. Unfortunately I have to work from memory here as the box I did this on was for a friend and I don't have ready access to it.