Re: ATI Radeon Pro, X11, system lockup

Don Levey wrote:

Alexander, et al: This was exactly what fixed it. I removed the stock Mesa-libGL package and installed the ATI-supplied RPM. After running the configuration, all was well. While not quite as nice as the HDTV in the next room, it's much better than the generic VESA driver.

Thanks again!
 -Don

Don,

Are you saying that you have your 9600 pro working with full hardware DRI using the ATI drivers?

I followed the ATI instructions but I still don't have hardware DRI. I did the --force install but didn't do a remove of the Mesa-libGL. This could have been my problem.

--
Robin Laing