Re: how to configure procmail? I need step by step guidance.

could someone share the content of the forward file?

That depends on how your mailserver is set up.
If it's configured to use procmail as an MTA (as many people do these days) then you don't need anything in your .forward file at all.

If procmail is not part of the built-in mailsystem, you should put the following single line in your .forward file:
|/path/to/procmail

This will send all of your incoming email through procmail.

I strongly suggest that you read 'man procmailex' carefully and test out your procmailrc with logging turned on before leaving it to run.