Digital Camera / Thumb Drive

Hello,

I got a new Digital camera and am trying to use it with Fedora.  I created a mount point and successfully mounted it using mount –t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera.  However, I noticed a couple of things that I would like to make easier.

  1. In order for me to mount it, I had to log on as root
  2. In order to mount it I have to open a terminal

These are not problems for me to do, however, I would like to make it easier for other people to connect it (i.e non computer people) and I also do not want to have to give every user the root password just to be able to connect a digital camera.  Is it possible to create something on the desktop that can be clicked and it automatically mount/unmount the camera?  I am thinking of something similar to the CD/DVD/Floppy links that come by default on the Fedora desktop?

I would also like to be able to do the same thing for my Flash Thumb Drive that I have.

Thanks