Re: How to configure DNS is Fedora Core

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 03:03:27PM -0600, Steve Hanson wrote:
> Tom Pitts wrote:
> >I am new to Linux and just went out and purchased Fedora. I would like to
> >start hosting my companies external DNS servers.
> I think this is one of those issues where if you are asking
> the question you probably shouldn't do it.

Setting up one DNS server is little different than setting up a
second.  Spend $50 or so and register a second domain.  Perhaps a
personal domain.  Perhaps the .org equivalent of your_company.com.

Get that running...  When that works and all makes sense, do the same
for the farm.

Use the tester domain for experimentation, backup MX and as a
secondary DNS for your_company.com.  For example when you update to
FC2 you do not want the primary DNS(SOA) mail server etc... to be
upgraded first.

Make it clear to me why you need to bother?  The need for backup
name services and other stuff make most of the services out there
worth the money.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	mitch48-at-sbcglobal-dot-net