Re: FC1 on the enterprise?

Andre Costa wrote:

Hi,

I will probably be assigned the task of installing and configuring Linux
on a mail server that handles a couple of thousands email accounts
(close to 100,000). I had used RH Linux on production servers in the
past, and have been using FC1 on my desktop ever since it came out.

I can't see no reason why I would not use it for this assignment either,
but if folks on this list could share some experiences (not necessarily
related to mail server installations, but any FC1 enterprise use), I
would be most grateful.

BTW: I know about WhiteBox Linux, and I don't really discard it as an
option. Any experiences related to using it are welcome as well
(although I don't think I will find many on this particular ML).

TIA

Andre

IMO if your user base is that big you should definately look at a distro with a longer upgrade cycle.. So either RHEL, Trustix, Whitebox or Taolinux would be good options to look into if you want to stay with an RH base..