Re: MySQL and ODBC don

Hi,

> Here's another ODBC question.  Let's say I have 2 MySQL databases.  One
> called A and one called B.  Both are set up correctly, and mysqlcc has
> no problems with either of them.
>
> But, OpenOffice.org keeps crashing if I ever want to look both of them.
> Has anyone else seen this problem?  I've noticed this before Fedora, so
> I know it's not specific to Fedora.  I just don't know if it's
> OpenOffice or ODBC.  I'm playing around with the JDBC driver to see if I
> can get it to work and reproduce the same problem.

You mean, using direct access to MySQL from OpenOffice 1.1, not using ODBC? If
you do use ODBC, it keeps crashing?

I found many times different releases of MySQL client libs are not binary
compatible, that is, a program compiled to one given release won't work
correctly with a different release (shared library), even if it loads ok.
Sooner or later it'll generate a sigsegv because it thinks some data structures
have the wrong size.

Using JDBC should guarantee no crashes, because it won't use the MySQL client
libraries, thus there won't be any version mismatch. But on my tests I couldn't
update tables using JDBC.

[]s, Fernando Lozano