Re: [fedora] new to linux...need help with network

I have installed those drivers but they dont help.

From: Peter Loron <peterl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [fedora] new to linux...need help with network
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:48:28 -0800

The stuff you need is probably here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_nforce_1.0-0261.html

...but somebody who has actually dealt with this mobo may be able to give you a more specific answer.

-Pete

Robert Teed wrote:
I just built a new computer to run Linux, I decided to use Fedora after purchasing the book
" Sams, Teach yourself Red Hat Linux Fedora"
First off let me say the books ok but the install disk were currupt and the system wouldnt load, I was able to make a copy off my Windows Xp machine and comlpete the install after that with no problems.
It works great except I cant connect to the internet, It doesnt seem to notice my builtin network
card.The card is working as I can connect if I boot into XP. I think I read somewhere that its not a problem with the network card drivers but something about "nividia MAC" drivers.
This is my setup:
Biostar Mainboard M7NCD-A02
nForce2 400/MCP,socket a
CPU is AMD Athlon XP 2200+

I think the network slot  a Realtek RTL 8201 BL PHY
Can anyone help???