Re: Mozilla 1.5 Fedora RPMs

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 17:31, Stefan Hoelldampf wrote:
> David C. Hart wrote:
>
> > There is really no need to install Mozilla from an RPM since it has a
> > Windows type installation interface that allow you to choose which
> > components you want to install. I have found, though, that 1.5+ will not
> > use the same font structure as 1.4 and appearance suffers.
>
> Do you really know the advantages of a package management tool like RPM?

Absolutely. I'm just pointing out that installing Mozilla from source is
not like compiling a kernel, for example. The setup program is very
similar to a Windows application. Many people who would not be
comfortable with the typical Linux source install would be perfectly
comfortable installing Mozilla without relying upon an RPM.

                               ---------
            Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence