Re: launcher script

Phil Howard wrote:
Greetings all,
I've been looking to no avail for a method or script to modify a launcher so that if the application is already running it just maximizes it. For example in windows when I use my outlook shortcut it only starts the application if it is not already currenly running. If it is running it just brings the window to the foreground. Has anyone had any luck configureing the gnome launcher in such a way?
Thanks, Phil Howard

Actually I find the ability to open multiple times can be a benefit with some applications. Terminal window is one of these. Some graphics applications I like to open two or three times.

I do agree that it would be nice if there was a check box to allow this to be selected on an application level, not system or user wide.

--
Robin Laing