Re: Switching from run level 5 to 3 hangs

Hi, Guys,

Are you switiching in a terminal, and getting like

message                   [OK]
message                   [OK[

and the system does not show the prompt at the
terminal anymore ?

This is no hang, it is just that the background process
writes to the console, but the current shell
does not know about it, thus the prompt gets clobbered
by the init messages.

Just press enter to redisplay the prompt.

Regards,

Jurgen

Igor Antonacci <bitbreaker2k@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: