Signature up2date corrupt file

Greetings:

I had a couple 'o things to mention.

One ... is to introduce myself ... since
I am new to the list.

The second thing ... is to ask about
using up2date to update my Fedora Core 1
install. When I ran up2date ... it asked me
if I wanted to install a signature ... I clicked
yes ... when up2date attempted to download
the new kernel w/security updates ... up2date
reported that "the file is corrupt or has been
tampered with". I attempted to override and
install,but the install stalled out.

Do I need to install a different signature?
or ... has the kernel file really been corrupted?
Is a manual download ( no up2date ) in order
here? If so, does someone have a procedure for
manually updating the kernel w/Fedora?

Any/all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay.