Re: Desktop Icon Problems

hi!

Subject:Desktop Icon Problems
From:Mark <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:Mon, 12 Jan 2004 07:40:55 -0600
To:fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx

I looked in the archives and couldn't find a resolution, though I did
find the answer to another problem. I have Fedora loaded on a machine
and have updated everything including the kernel.  I have KDE to load up
as my default desktop.  I sign in as a user account (i.e. admin) and I'm
trying to drag some icons that are in the menu (like XChat) onto the
desktop.  When I drag it, it comes up with a menu (copy, move, or link)
and I can choose any of the 3 just fine.  But, when I go into the icon
properties to rename or even change the icon, I get the following error:

Could not save properties.  You do not have sufficient
access to write to /home/admin/Desktop/XChat

Anyone know if this is just a bug or maybe I need to change something on going about dragging icons from the menu to the desktop? I can supply a screenshot of the error if anyone needs to see it.

Thanx in advance!

don't know the exact procedures. i use gnome and faced similar problems
when trying to change properties of menu items. the solution i found out
was to login as root and edit the corresponding .desktop file in
/usr/share/applications. did the trick for me as far as menus went. i think a
similar approach should work for desktop icons, too... reply back with what
you met with.

ash :)
<tag> out of taglines... </tag>