Re: Non FOSS and Fedora

At 11:21 1/12/2004, you wrote:
This Real World (tm) is the world of slavery, where you subject yourself
the power of those you think the choice is do nothing about.

Huh? I don't know if you noticed, Rui, but this /does/ sound rabid and fanatical. I've read it several times, always with the same result: before the comma it sounds irrational, and after the comma I don't even understand it.

Flash is totally unneeded, we have many tools for PDF viewing/generation
and Java is having a brighter life, hopefully sooner than later (FC2
will include java aplications running under gcj, IIRC).

If /you/ don't want or need Flash, you are welcome to that opinion. However, a friend of mine buys millions of dollars from people who use Flash in their online catalog because they chose it as the best technology for their work. /He/ desperately needs Flash and cannot live without it. How can you claim to advocate freedom when you keep telling people what they can/cannot and should/should not do???

In this whole discussion, YOU are the limiter of freedoms claming to know what's best for everybody else.

Sad, really.

We're there. We're WAY EASIER to use than Windows 3.1 and many non
computer savvy people used it every day, so don't give me bullshit :)

I just had to quote this... it's actually funny. <grin>

The modern world is at least three generations of software development ahead of Win3.1 today. Why would you possibly think that comparing Linux today to Win3.1 then would be a favorable thing?

I can just see the Ford ad for a 2004 Taurus: "We're way better than that '57 Chevy you used to have..."

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com