Checking of the installation

Hi all,

Back in the good old days of Redhat 7.0 we were able to check that our installations were correct according to the RPMs used to load our system.  I am still having problems with KDE and the modprobe stuff that I can't solve.  So instead of reinstalling everything all over again, is there a tool that can be used to verify that what I have in my system is exactly that which is on CDs?

Thanks,
Chris