Thoughts on FC and the future..

Anyone close to the development of FC would probably be the best to answer this..

I just had a look at the FC2 release schedule and it got me thinking..

Since the release interval between releases as so short (FC1 -> FC2 = 5Months) has any thought been given to maybe putting a structure in place that would allow initial installs to be performed by downloading the major release ISO's and then from there simply have a rolling upgrade meaning that as updates and upgrades happen the community can simply use YUM or a similar app to stay current.. I know that YUM can already perform and upgrade or update and most times it is sucessful but if the development community had this type of functionality in mind it would mean that the short release cycle would not be as much of a crisis for people using Fedora.. This is how "One Base Linux" appear to do it..

Of course this assumes that RedHat would not decline such a structure since one of their main selling points for RHEL is the 12-18month release cycle and if this was not an issue for useres of Fedora it could impact their sales of RHEL..

Anyway, anyone got any thoughts..

Later..