Re: Mounting digital camera, /etc/fstab joke ?

Em Qui, 2003-12-11 às 20:47, Felipe Alfaro Solana escreveu:

> > When I turn on my Sony DSC-P31 USB camera, a new
> > line is added to /etc/fstab:
> > /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera auto > > noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
> > Very nice, but the system doesn't mount the camera. ls /mnt/camera shows
> > nothing. So I need to do mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera for getting
> > access to the camera (only as root).

# chown your_user_id /dev/sda3
Then, you'll be able to mount the camera as a non-root user.

"Why does this happens on every redhat/fedora box? I've been using redhat distros for so long I cannot say anything about mandrake or suse, but seems they are long way ahead on this: an average user can mount a camera, record cds, whatever. And we still need to change this manually on EVERY installation.

This seems plain stupid to me. Make things difficult."

Actually, as one other person said, it's enough to write /mnt/camera as non-root. Still, this is a major problem for the average/new user, who will never think of this. The system should pop up with Konqueror/Nautilus/whatever, having mounted the camera automatically.

Martin.