console color

hi group!

can somebody tell me where i can change the intensity of the colors of the console? i mean that the colors under slackware where more brighter, more contrast. on the fedora they are darker, less contrast. i notice that mcedit's syntax highlight uses fewer colors. in slackware almost every part of the syntax has different color (comments, precompiler directives, reserved keywords, strings and so on).

i have to apologize for my english. i know it is quite bad, but i haven't used it for years:)

regards/danail