Re: Backup program?

Rick Stevens wrote:

Fedora comes with Amanda.  I use it to back up to an ancient DAT
drive and I've used it on DLT drives.  "man amanda" will give you
the details (assuming you installed the amanda RPMs).
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-   Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the   -
-                     reader...who doesn't get it.                   -

I agree with Rick.. At the place I work , we have five sony DDS tape drives and we use amanda on three of them and we've had no problems so far(two hosts run solaris and use some custom scripts calling ufsdump).

Pedro Macedo