Re: Wireless Questions

Richard Burdette wrote:

I have had trouble getting my Lucent wireless pcmcia cards to work in my
computer with Redhat or now Fedora.

I just did that.  IBM Thinkpad A31P,  Yarrow, and Orinoco Gold card.

I had some problems because I made it too complex. Finally I just used redhat-config-network. If I recall, the steps I went through were something like:

1) Ensure modules were loaded
2) Insert card
3) Pull up redhat-config-tool
4) Verify card shows up in hardware. If not, what does /var/log/messages tell you?
5) Set up new wireless device eth1
6) Save changes
7) /etc/init.d/network restart
8) iwconfig to verify connection