Mouse problems

Hi,

I have a compaq proliant and always the same problem. my mouse is not
working. as it never worked on the builting ps/2-port i installed a usb ->
ps/2-adaptor (HID) . this was working fine, until i had to reinstall my
server. since then: doesn't work at all. i indicated also pci=bios-irq for
a working mouse....

i have already uninstalled gpm as i heard it does somehow trouble some
mices...
i've tried already die Protocol PS/2....this makes typing ^A ^20 on the
screen... with the config you see below, i can work without mouse without
any prob lem. if i touch the mouse, this blocks my keyboard...

XF86Config:
-----------------

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "single head configuration"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
Identifier "DevInputMice"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

/proc/interrupts:
---------------------
[root@morpheus proc]# more interrupts
CPU0
0: 268640 XT-PIC timer
1: 348 XT-PIC keyboard
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
5: 479 XT-PIC usb-ohci
8: 1 XT-PIC rtc
10: 34079 XT-PIC TLAN
11: 15780 XT-PIC sym53c8xx
14: 50584 XT-PIC ide0
15: 606 XT-PIC sym53c8xx
NMI: 0
ERR: 0

Configuration:
ps/2-mouse (generic, 2-button) connected to a port on the usb-hid-interface.

PLEASE HELP! Thank you for any help!!!!

Gruss
Roger