Re: at and cron vs. ldap

Bevan C. Bennett wrote:

Stephen Walton wrote:

Has anyone else observed that a user authenticated via LDAP who runs a
job with at(1) or cron never gets the e-mail with the job output?

Mail from 'at' and 'cron' work fine for me, even for LDAP users.
Perhaps you have an MTA configuration error, is there any useful information in /var/log/maillog?

All good questions. MTA is dead simple though, as I'm not running a server; DS in sendmail.cf is used to define our campus SMTP master as a smart mail forwarder. I only see the problem behavior on our LDAP clients, though, not on our server, which seems an important clue. There is no output whatsoever in /var/log/maillog. I can't exclude an error in ldap.conf or pam.d/system-auth although they are the ones created by redhat-config-authentication pretty much.

If I create a crontab (following the aforementioned RedHat Bugzilla report) for an LDAP user on an LDAP client which reads

*/1 * * * * /bin/mail -s "cron test" user@domain

crond dies.  If I change the above to

*/1 * * * * /usr/bin/ltrace /bin/mail -s "cron test" user@domain

I get an ltrace output with a SIGSEGV on the end.