Re: kernel-source - could we patch instead?

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:33:24 -0500
Lamar Owen <lowen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And how is this different than what we have now when the kernel-source
> RPM is updated via up2date?

This idea is probably more appropriate for the  -devel list but one thing
i'll mention is that your idea is very similar in concept to what rsync
does.   Apparently one problem for rsync is that small changes in the
contents of an rpm make large changes in the final rpm package because of
compression.   This means much more of the rpm has to be retransmitted
than just the minor changes between revisions.

Cheers,
Sean