MP3 support in KDE

Hello all,

I understand the MP3 issues with Fedora, and how to get MP3's playing with
xmms.

I'd like to get MP3 support working in KDE (I believe this was stripped from
kdelibs or perhaps kdemultimedia, along with ID3 tag reading for metadata).

Is there any easier way to get this done other than recompiling all of KDE?

Thanks,