Re: Fedora IP Masquerading

At 23:07 1/4/2004, you wrote:

I am try to setup internet share with my Fedora box (ppp0, eth0) to my wifes windows 98 box NIC.

So ppp0 is your external device and eth0 is your internal network card. By this time, I've forgotten what I knew about raw iptables rules, so I suggest some alternatives:

1. Use Shorewall, then I can help you, or others on this list, or on the shorewall-users list.

2. Use Firestarter (http://firestarter.sourceforge.net) and you figure it out. Doubtless others on this list can help, it's a popular package.

3. Write yourself some iptables rules. The IP-Masquerading HOWTO should be all you need.
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO.html

Cheers!

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com