Re: Upgrade to Core 2 (devel tree)

Chris Sparks wrote:
I'll wait for a more stable Fedora. There is too much going on that makes me very leery of adding
problems to my system.

Thanks,
Chris

I just finished doing an ftp install of the development (rawhide). This means no Fedora Core 1, just what was in the development tree.

The only problems that I have had so far were with mkintird causing a kernel panic. I had to remove the LABEL= entry and replace it with a root=/dev/hdx entry instead. I read on another list that backtracking to an older mkintird would work with LABEL=. (Devices are more informative)

As far as bugs encountered, so far, xmms segfaulted. I tried out a few other programs and all seemed to work.

If you did an update to development, you would have all sorts of problems with python, up2date, and with redhat-config-whatever (if kudzu was installed).

Holding off might be a good idea, unless you are adventerous enough to attempt it.

Jim