Re: Show Details on Bootup

JonShado wrote:
I find this conversation very interesting. I, personally, just changed the runlevel at system start to level 3. And i don't really see how hiding what's REALLY going on is going to help the computer illiterate people more. I'd say the more a computer does things on it's own and hides what it's doing the more problems you run into. Example: Windows.
Computer illiterate people who want to use linux should learn how. Computer illiterate people who want to use Windows should also learn how. Just because Windows is "easier" to use doesn't make them less computer illiterate.
I don't see too many people saying "I want to use a car, but i don't want to learn how, i just want to get in and I want the car to know where i want to go and how to get me there without me doing anything but sitting and watching all the pretty colors."
Anyway, just change the runlevel and login and type 'startx'.

That is pretty much me exactly! As I said in a previous post, I have been running Suse about a year, plus have loaded several other distro's just to play with a few days here and there. I just like to be able to see the details of what is going on when I do have to reboot or turn the computer on. This is all still a learning experience for me.

Randall