Re: Flash disk

Tom Diehl wrote:

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Margo wrote:

Fritz Whittington wrote:

I'm not sure, but I think FAT32 (-t vfat) isn't supported for flash drives....How did you manage to get it formatted that way in the first place?

vfat WORKSFORME. Mine came formatted as vfat.

I tried the mkfs command and got bash: command not found

You need to be root.

(tigger pts10) # whence mkfs
mkfs is hashed (/sbin/mkfs)
(tigger pts10) # mkfs
Usage: mkfs [-V] [-t fstype] [fs-options] device [size]
(tigger pts10) #

HTH,

.............Tom

Hi

THank you. Entered the command and then it got weird. Flash disk blinked steadily for a few minutes ( I assume formatting) at the end tried to mounbt the disk and got the SAME ERROR.

Put the disk back in Windows and there were still files on it. It had not been formatted.

I think I'll just leave it for now, thank you everyone for your help.

Margo

--
Margo

Webmaster