Re: Show Details on Bootup

At 17:53 1/1/2004, you wrote:
I admit that *might* be what he intended, but he didn't say that, and it isn't really clear from his post:

Is there any way for me to edit a file for Fedora
so that when the computer boots I don't have to
click on the "show details" every time to see what
is going on?

If you edit grub.conf, take off the "rhgb", then when you boot, you'll see all the details, without having to click on anything. If he installed the graphical boot without really realizing what it would do, then he would have no way of knowing that the text-only boot was also available. Especially, as it seems, he may not have had prior experience with a Red Hat boot....

Fritz,

You are entirely correct, sir. In the process of actually running searches to try to answer his question, I forgot that he might not even know about the text mode boot, hence would be well-served by that solution. So your answer is indeed appropriate to the question; my bad.

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com