Re: CUPS Problem

On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 18:06, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> This sounds like an update from RH9, where you were using LPRng.
> Probably the best thing to do is remove redhat-switch-printers and LPRng
> RPMs.  You might also want to reinstall the CUPS RPM.  Then reconfigure.

Actually update from RH7.3. Can't find any rpms related to
redhat-switch-printer nor LPRng. Reinstalling CUPS rpms had no effect.

So update procedure to FC1 seems to be bit broken in systems using
LPRng, because it's not doing what redhat-switch-printer does(*), while
still removing LPRng and leaving CUPS as the only option.

* I don't know exactly what redhat-switch-printer does, because I can't
find anything like that from my FC1 or RH7.3 installations. But I think
it basically just makes that relinking described in my previous post. Am
I anywhere near the truth?

--
Jaakko Ruutiainen
- jaakko.ruutiainen@xxxxxxxxx