up2date woes again!!

Hi
Can't we get the up2date working correctly?

I am now about to install Fedora Test 3 for the third time.
This time I am reluctant to try the up2date since it keeps bombing out on installing openoffice.  Not only does it bomb on openoffice everything else is screwed up.  Nothing works now since especially X; up2date somehow corrupted the following file --- "libSM.so.6"   Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Should I only update the kernel and leave openoffice alone?

PS: The up2date for my Laptop went smooth except for the it hanging on installing emacs.