RE: Fedora and the System Administrator -- Red Hat v. SuSE it is not ...

Now compare this:
Red Hat Linux 9 has free ISOs from the internet.
SuSE Install from the internet (BPITA) or download to a server with NFS
installed and install from that server.
Red Hat network for 12 months (for up2date) $60.00
SuSE Professional Upgrade: includes disks and their version of up2date
for the supported life of the product.

I know that RHL is history.  But that is what I had a few weeks ago.

Both Red Hat and SuSE are releasing new products every 4-6 months.  Red
hat was maintaining theirs for the life of the following release (8-12
months total) and SuSE maintains theirs for 18 - 24 months, but "that's
not a promise" or, in other words, subject to change without notice or
continued support. Lol

Really, the cost of RHL with maintenance and SuSE with maintenance was
about the same. Buy every other version of SuSE and it would be about
the same price.

Buck