Re: mplayer plugin for mozilla in fc1

Clint wrote:
>I experimented with setting these flags:
>
>ao=esd
>enable-qt=1
>use-gui=no
>
>and it is still not streaming. The test stream didn't work, and when I go to
the >site to view a trailer, it just displays a white box with the message:

>mplayerplug-in
>http://(long web address for stream)

The failure of the command line test stream indicates that the problem isn't
with mplayerplug-in (as the command line bypassed mozilla and the plug-in),
but with mplayer itself.  You might want to check out the mailing lists at
http://www.mplayerhq.hu to see if others have has this problem.  You're more
likely to find someone who has had this problem there.

You may also be more comfortable with pre-built binaries.  The livna.org
repository has binaries for mplayer and mplayerplug-in.  First, run

  rpm --import http://rpm.livna.org/RPM-LIVNA-GPG-KEY

to grab livna.org's GPG key.  Then, add the following to /etc/yum.conf

  [livna-stable]
  name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
  baseurl= http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/yum/stable
  gpgcheck=1

  [fedora-us-1-stable]
  name=Fedora Linux (stable) for Fedora Core 1 -- Fedora US mirror

baseurl=http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/fedora/fedora/fedora/1/i386/yum/stabl

and the following to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources (if you use up2date)

  yum livna-stable http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/1/i386/yum/stable
  yum fedora-us-1-stable
http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/fedora/fedora/fedora/1/i386/yum/stable

You can then install mplayer via "yum install mplayer mplayer-gui
mplayerplug-in".  Yum should then install mplayer and its assorted
requirements.

Cheers,
Bryan

Bryan C Dunne
E-Mail: bdunne@xxxxxxxx
WWW: http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~bdunne/

"What fun is it being 'cool' if you can't wear a sombrero?"