Re: Transparent Terminals

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 08:41:05AM -0700, Tim Becker wrote:
> First you can not use Metacity as your WM b/c it does not support
> borderless windows (I find Metaciy VERY lacking).  I use sawfish as my
> WM.

Last I saw, we had an outstanding bug against sawfish that it did not
handle multiple workspaces well.  It seemed (for lack of a better way
to describe it) to pan randomly around a large virtual workarea when
you did things; switching with the keyboard from workspace to workspace
would change your location in these virtual workareas.  A sawfish
upgrade did not fix this, and it's what eventually drove me to metacity.

If I knew what was wrong with sawfish here, I have to say I'd switch
back to sawfish, because I like its geek functionality.  :-)

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/