Re: Modems? Anyone?

Rick Stevens wrote:
I have a E-TECH E56RVP+ external modem that worked fine under RH 9.0. However, every now and again I get a kudzu screen: do you want to delete this hardware profile? The hardware does not seem to be connected.

And I really have no idea how to check whether the modem is recognized by the kernel. I tried dmesg, but I just can't find it.

It's quite annoying, because I need it for my electronic banking application (still only works from modem).

A suggestion, anyone?

Don't delete the profile. Have you tried using minicom to talk to the
modem? If you can still talk to it (and if it's an external serial
modem, there's no reason you can't),

Ok,thank you for the suggestion: I will try minicom.

Guus.

--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 with the Linux Counter