Re: Linux Cad Packages

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 23:09, Doug Lane wrote:
> Does anyone know of a Linux based CAD package, preferably open source,
> good for architectural drawings and that can open .dwg Autocad native
> drawings?  Maybe something operable with Wine?
>
> I checked out LinuxCad and it isn't quite there.  I also looked at
> Varicad, which is more suitable for mechanical engineers.
>
> This is the ONLY thing keeping my firm from a total switch to open
> source, GNU/Linux.

Have you tried Cross Over Office from www.codeweavers.com?  It is a
commercial version of Wine that is very easy to use and setup.  It runs
Office 2000, Office XP, Dreamweaver, Photoshop 7, and many other Win32
based applications.  Maybe you could try a few trial versions of CAD
applications for win32 under it?

Jim
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/XP/NT, or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA