Re: Expanding towards ALSA

Low latency and more flexibility -- especially if you're using Linux for professional audio and video work. Take a look at PlanetCCRMA for one-stop shopping for a high-performance audio-visual Linux workhorse. Currently RedHat, but the keeper of this repository is in the process of putting together a Fedora-based set of packages.

PlanetCCRMA is at...
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/software/planetccrma

A----