Re: Package Manager Frontend Synaptic

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 01:39, dballester@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
--SNIP--
>       If anybody gets this freezes try to kill synaptic or the tool using
> rpm. Kill any proceses related to rpm and go to /var/lib/rpm and delete
> this three files  __db.001, __db.002, __db.003
>
>       Try synaptic or rpm again.

Do not forget to rebuild the rpm DB, also.  Here are the steps.

1.  IF rpm is locked up (it will lock up hard) then you first must KILL
all processes related to rpm.  Perhaps:
	ps -aux | grep rpm
...or your preferred variant of ps.  Then run kill -9 (or kill -KILL)
for each PID involved with rpm.  Many times there is only he rpm command
that was run from the command line.  Other times there are other
processes as well.

2.  rm /var/lib/rpm/__db.00{1,2,3}

3.  rpm -vv --rebuilddb

...or you can omit one or both "v" options.

4.  Happily return to using your system (I hope you are happy, now).
--SNIP--
--
Lamont Peterson <lamont@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Instructor