Re: HP PSC 2110

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 23:37, James Drabb wrote:
> Hey group,
>
> I have an HP PSC 2110 scanner/printer/copier that is supported under
> Linux using hpijs and hpoj (for sannning).  It has worked perfectly
> under RH9, however in FC1, I can still print fine but scanning does not
> work.  Xsane just says no scanners found.  I have these three RPM's
> installed:
>
> hpoj-0.90-19
> libsane-hpoj-0.90-19
> hpijs-1.4-11
>
> I noticed that hpijs1.5 is out and hpoj-0.91 is out.  I just compiled
> and installed hpoj-0.91, though it stil does not work.
>
> I have ran /etc/rc.d/init.d/hpoj setup and it finds the PSC fine and
> then I make sure hpoj is started with service hpoj start.
>
> Has anyone gotten this printer or one of the other supported HP PSC
> printers to work in FC1?

My father has a PSC2110 as well. With FC1, the computer totally hangs if
I try to do anything with it beyond regular printing.

In particular, running "server hpoj setup (following Tim Waugh's
instructions on http://cyberelk.net/tim/hpoj.html) causes the freeze.
We're talking total stop with flashing keyboard lights as soon as the
script tries to autodetect anything on the USB ports. I wind up having
to hard boot the system to try and recover.

The print functions work just fine with the standard hpijs drivers, but
no scanning allowed since trying to set anything up is just impossible!

Also, the thing acts like it *absolutely must* be setup on a Windows box
first. Arrgh!!

Help here greatly appreciated too.

Cheers,

Chris
--
"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,