Up2date not updating

Hello,

I seem to be having a problem updating Fedora. My up2date isn't
reporting any updates although I've seen them on the download site. When
I order it to check for updates, it just sits there. So I started it
from the terminal.

up2date-nox -u

Fetching package list for channel: fedora-core-1...

Fetching
http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1/headers/header.info...
There was some sort of I/O error: <urlopen error (110, 'Connection timed
out')>

I am using proxy. I also tried yum.

yum update
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
retrygrab() failed for:
  http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1/headers/header.info
  Executing failover method
failover: out of servers to try
Error getting file
http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1/headers/header.info
[Errno 7] HTTP Error (CannotSendRequest):

I have to tell that I used Red Hat Linux from 7.1 onwards on the same
very machine, and this is the first time that I got this error.
--
Igor Nestorovic
University of Belgrade