Re: Printers....good news and bad news

Bryan Anderson wrote:

That went easier than I thought it would do....I have two printers plugged into the Windows box and shared. Well - I can now print to the laser printer (Samsung ML4600) in FC1, through the Windows box and it all works perfectly. Only glitch was that the server name (baits02) came up with nothing, so I entered the ip instead and it worked.

Bad news....the other printer is an Epson Stylus Photo 900 but there isn't a driver for that one. There's an 895 and a 915 but nothing in between!

Anyone use one of these? Are any of the other drivers compatible? Or do I just start at the top and keep going with a test page until one works?

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_Photo_900

That should answer your question.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-          Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.           -